The Workplace Charging Scheme
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a scheme from the UK Government which offers businesses a grant of up to £14,000 for the installation of EV charging stations.
It is a voucher-based scheme and is limited to 75% of purchase and installation costs, up to a maximum of £350 for each socket, and up to a maximum of 40 sockets (40 single or 20 double).
If you wish to apply for the scheme for your business, you can do so by using the Government’s online application portal. Once you have applied, and are successful, you will receive a voucher code via email which you can then give to any OZEV-authorised WCS Installer, such as Plug Me In. The voucher code must be redeemed and the installation must take place within 6 months (180 days) of the date of issues of the WCS voucher.
How the application process works:
- Step 1 – applicant completes the online application
- Step 2 – voucher generated.
- Step 3 – installer completes the installation.
- Step 4 – installer submits claim via the portal
- Step 5 – grant level confirmed – up to 75% of the costs, capped at £350 per socket.
- Step 6 – installer receives the grant.
Does your business qualify for the workplace charging scheme?
- You must be a registered business, charity or public sector organisation.
- The charge points must be installed by an OZEV-approved installer, such as Plug Me In.
- You must be located in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- There must be dedicated off-street parking for staff and/or fleets.
- The property that you wish to have the charge points installed on must be owned by yourself, or you must receive consent from the landlord for the charge points to be installed.
Ready to claim your voucher with Plug Me In?
Fill in the form and we will help you and your business get plugged in.